HAZMAT - What is it about?
A dangerous good is any solid, liquid, or gas that can harm people, other living organisms, property, or the environment. An equivalent term, used almost exclusively in the United States, is hazardous material (HAZMAT). Dangerous goods may be radioactive, flammable, explosive, toxic, corrosive, biohazardous, an oxidizer, an asphyxiant, a pathogen, an allergen, or may have other characteristics that render it hazardous in specific circumstances.
Batteries, Ink cartridges, Aerosols & Detergents
National restrictions and technical standards (e.g. so called “Gefahrstoffverordnung” for Germany)
- Storing liquid HAZMAT over drip pans
- Prohibited to combine different classes of HAZMAT in storage
- Specific HAZMAT have further constraints (e.g. fire zones)
Legal restrictions for all transport modes:
- ROAD based on ADR
- AIR based on IATA Regulations
- SEA based on IMDG
Different intl. standards based on mode of transport:
- Declaration of mode of transport, shipping documentation and product class
- Specific equipment mandatory (e.g. extinguishers)
- Quantity limitation by mode of transport
THE CONTROLS ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE STRICT!
Competences & How we can we support you
- Fully compliant processes
- Smooth handling of highly complex supply chain regulation issues
- Legally qualified team of experts to handle HAZMAT safely
- Continuous adaptation of logistic processes based on changing legal requirements
How we can support you
1 TRANSFER OF HAZMAT DATA:
- Instant EDI supply chain information to customer. No delay to fulfillment!
2 RISK CONTROL:
- Initial supply chain with the vendors is organised by Ingram Micro. No liability for reseller and vendor!
3 FULFILLMENT BUSINESS:
- Shipment directly to your end-user -> Neutral shipping! Full liability for compliance by Ingram Micro!
Any questions left?
Find all facts at a glance inside our HAZMAT Flyer. Our local sales team is ready as well to answer your questions or give you comprehensive information.
Download HAZMAT FlyerContact your local sales team